What is Coaching for Parents?
While being a teenager has its own difficulties, being a parent to a teen can be overwhelming. When teenagers don’t listen, make poor decisions, and don’t live up to their potential, parents can often feel overwhelmed both in what to do and to whom to turn. It was out of this necessity that I developed coaching for parents. Here are some of the ways coaching can benefit parents:
It will help you:
- Let you release any “built up” feelings in a safe, non-judgemental environment
- Learn when and how to guide your child to better decisions
- Learn how to keep your own cool when you child is acting out
- Act with more assertion and confidence in your parenting
- Plan long and short terms goals, follow through and achieve them
- Help you focus your energies on the most important aspects of your child’s developments
- Enable you to realize and access your own parenting skills and talents
- Help you decide if there are areas that are worth letting go of
As parents, your most important job is to be a healthy and happy role model for your child. Children more often than not learn to deal with their struggles and difficulties based on how parents deal with their own lives. Building your own healthy habits and self-esteem is the greatest way to ensure your child’s future success and ability to flourish.